My past couple of projects have involved a lot of browser testing. One of my teammates, Matthieu Tanguay-Carel, inspired by Khan Academy, put together this excellent retrospective video.
Browser testing - looking back from Matt TC on Vimeo.
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
- Non-functional requirements: Does the system scale?, How much traffic can it handle?
- User Experience: Is the search system indexed properly? Are flows intuitive?
- Functional: Do the components play well together? Does the system have defects?
- Deployment: Do all nodes deploy and load balance reliably? Is pushing to production a terrifying and drawn-out process?
- Code: Is the code base supple? Self-documenting? Can I make a change, confident that a unit test will break if I cause a regression?
- Integration: How do we know if an API contract has been violated?
- Create an account (Functionality: Fill out and submit form. Verifying that the submitted data has been handled properly)
- Make a purchase (Functionality: Choose a product, add to cart, fill out credit card information, confirm purchase)
- Text doesn't overrun a border
- The name of a section is spelled correctly
- The wording of legal text
- Styling of page elements
- The look is the same in Firefox and IE6